Tuesday, October 16, 2012

sunday family dinner...

now that i'm back in the same city as my parents, we usually go over to dinner every sunday. my parents are pretty awesome cooks and they're always trying new recipes (usually from the food network, my dads favorite). sunday was my mom's birthday, so my dad decided this was perfect time to bust out his (very old) pasta maker. he's been talking about making homemade pasta for ages. by the time we got there at 2pm, he had had the homemade sauce simmering for hours, the homemade apple crumble ready to go in the oven later, and the chicken ready to be cut and breaded for chicken parmesan.


looking on anxiously while my dad does the work.

look at all that goodness just laying out.



lady and the tramp anyone?
dylan's massive plate. his eyes were bigger than his stomach. he did not finish!

i can't even explain to you how good this meal was; it was to die for. we were all raving-dad did good! we had to wait a few hours before we could even think about the apple crumble. luckily, we were sent home with a tonne of leftovers and we had it again for dinner last night, and there's still some left!

5 comments:

Why Girls Are Weird said...

Haha I love the Lady and the Tramp pic. And the final product looks SO yummy.

P.S. I love your dad's tat!

Teh Megan said...

I'm making spaghetti tonight.. I'm not making my own pasta, but I am making my own sauce! Thanks for the unintetional motivation!

Also, is it a Canadian thing to have maple leaf tattoos?

Kiki said...

Not only does that look like it was a blast but the food looks delish!!! YUMMMM

Anonymous said...

Wow that looks amazing! Homemade noodles! Dang! thats dedication right there!

Amber said...

Oh I am jealous! I'm gonna come by for sunday dinner this week ;)

That looks SO good!

Related Posts with Thumbnails