with fall just a few short days away, i figured i would make a fall list of things i would like to do this season. not to mention the weather has been perfect fall temperatures lately and i've been able to wear my trench coat all week!
makes me feel all grown up and stuff.
pumpkin spice latte...duh!
a few things on my list:
- a drive to algonquin park on the weekend to check out the changing trees. it's about a 4 hour drive, so we'll make a day out of it and hike some of the trails. i'm following the color report and hoping that the weekend we plan to go, the weather will cooperate and it will be in 'near peak' or 'peak'. the park itself is massive - it's bigger than our smallest province (prince edward island) and about the same size as delaware!
- apple picking. of course! we try to do this yearly, but i'm pretty sure we failed the last 2 years. i had thought about going this weekend, but it's calling for hot, wet weather. what's up with that??
- a trip to cracker barrel. man, we love the heck out of that place. now that dylan has his passport again, we're good to go! i feel like i've been waiting for forever for him to renew it so we could get some biscuits and fried chicken.
- a weekend trip to nyc? i can hope. it's been nearly two years since we've last been back, and i'm used to going yearly (sometimes 2x a year) and i'm getting the itch.
- have our pie-off. we totally dropped the ball on this, and i'm determined to still make it happen. maybe we could do an apple pie-off with the apples we pick?
that's pretty much all i got so far, but it's a start. 3 cheers for pumpkin spice lattes, crackling fires, and cozy sweaters. happy friday!