Tuesday, March 6, 2012

the cake...

yesterday, i showed you the final product of the cake (this is what i was trying to do). it took a long time to find purple coloring, but luckily my mom found it in the good ole u.s. of a.
 the helpers.
 2 3/4 cup batter for each shade.
the done is gone and the cakes lay flat. much better.
 i had a tiny bit of uncolored batter left, so i tried out the teal color with 3 cupcakes. mm mm.

i'm pretty sure a colored cake is more fun to make and eat. i'm already brainstorming what i can do with the other colors. it's so much easier to have these awesome colors already ready made, instead of having to mix primary colors; they never turn out exactly how you want. at least not for me, anyways.

5 comments:

safire said...

I love the ombre purple cake! I see so many people trying this and it is so pretty!

Amanda said...

Yummy in my tummy! I'm seriously debating making one of these cakes for no reason at all...

Kristie said...

this all looks so good! great job!

Summer Falls said...

The cupcake looks crazy yummmy. I've gotta try that.
- Summer Falls
www.chanceofcakes.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

The cake turned out amazing!!! Now I want to make one!

Related Posts with Thumbnails