Tuesday, October 11, 2011

apple picking we will go...

saturday morning, we really did leave the house at 7:30am to go apple picking. we love to go every year and if we have to be out of the house at that godforsaken hour, then so be it! $1 a pound is a really good price, but some people just don't realize how much apples weigh, and end up getting a lot (ahem,dylan).
 early morning fog in the country.
one person is happier than the other in the morning. guess who?
 fall colors perfection.






 sun beaming down and picking away.
 right off the tree.
 that's not enough apples..

 37lbs of apples between the 2 of us. yes, 37 (25 for him, 12 for me).
pumpkins, hay, and scarecrows-fall.


phew, that was a lot of pictures. i'll be eating apples for a while. but that's ok. they're my favorite fruit. and once again, we proved that we're about 60, given the fact that it was us and  3 other people (all 60+)  picking apples that early in the AM.

14 comments:

Amanda - Small Home Big Start said...

Despite having to get up awfully early for your morning date, it looks like you had a great time. Now you just need to make a ton of apple pies/crisps/muffins, etc.

Unknown said...

so jealous! I want to go apple picking so badly, but living in dfw (texas), its hard to find a good apple picking place.

maybe one day, i will get lucky and find a place the hubs and i can venture too. til then, im enjoying all the apple picking fun through your pictures.

Amanda said...

Why did you have to get up at 7:30am?! Looks like you guys had lots of fun! Can't wait to see what you bake! Hope week 2 of work is going well for my Bree!

erinj0 said...

loving the photo's :) It looked like you had such a great time! I can't wait till next weekend when hopefully my boyfriend & I will go!!

xoxo

Tina said...

damn that is a ton of apples!! lol but it looks like you guys had such a good time! it looks so pretty up there too and i love your scarf.

Anonymous said...

LOL, that is a whole lot of apples! My oh my. But what lovely pics :)

PhotoPuddle said...

Oh wow, that early morning fog photo is really beautiful.

e@thisnotedlife said...

im so jealous. I love love love apple picking but where we're currently living it's still too hot. Looks like a great time!

Anonymous said...

OMG! 37 pounds of apples!?!? What in the world are you gonna do with all of them!?!? I wanna go apple picking now!

Anonymous said...

eeeek how freaking cute... i dont know if there is anywhere like that where i live... deffo going to look into it.. i wanna gooo it feels like an autumn activity!! strawberry picking in the summer, apple picking in the autumn hehe

Emma @ Bake Sew Grow said...

Looks like you had so much fun! I'd love to go apple picking but I don't think they do it over here in the UK. I'll have to look into it! Beautiful photos too :)

Blicious said...

sooo fun! i want to go apple picking!

xoxo
b

Why Girls Are Weird said...

I LOVE apple picking! It looks like you guys had so much fun!

Carolynn Cecilia said...

so many amazing posts are circling blog-land about apple picking and pumpkin patches. i think it's time i get my bum out of the big city and enjoy me some autumn.

Related Posts with Thumbnails