now i start to panic. you don't mess with that shit! i'm thinking it's probably the batteries, but i give dylan a text and my parents a call. i also called the landlord and no answer. tried to google some answer, but not much help. i changed the batteries and it was still beeping about every 60 seconds. after about 30 minutes and multiple calls (even to the fire dept, but they were closed at that time. i was reluctant to call 911 just yet), i went to the girl downstairs who has lived here for years to see if it's ever happened to her. she said it happened to her parents once and she called 911 and they just came to check it out. so, that's what i did.
they told me to close all doors and windows and wait outside. about 5 minutes later, a fire truck pulls up, and 4 (4!!) guys get out. i'm in my pj's by the way, definitely didn't change. and there was a cute one, too ;) they did a test with their machine and got no reading and figured that somehow, it was still faulty batteries. and just like that, they were off. i felt bad about 'wasting their time', but with that, you just never know and can't take the chance.
on the porch waiting.
nothing like a good carbon monoxide scare to keep you on your toes.