Friday, November 25, 2011

bonsoir mademoiselle!

on sunday morning, after lounging in bed for a bit, and enjoying the continental breakfast, we checked out of the hotel with 4 minutes to spare. while still in the hotel room, we made the quick choice to go to old montreal and stay the 2nd night there. we found a hostel online and booked a room before we left. then we hit the road, and 3 hours later, we were there.
 pit stop to fuel up.
 the mountains look small in the picture, but they were huge.
montreal.

the hostel we stayed in. it may have changed my opinion about hostels! (la maison du patriote)
 first stop-montreal poutine.
 poutine and beer. good stuff. minus the beer.

 old montreal.

christmas store love.
 notre dame.
ahhhhh.

montreal was a lot better. i only wish we had more time. the last time i was in montreal was grade 12, and there's a particular pub that everyone goes to, and basically you sit and drink sangria and shots for hours. too bad it was a 1/2hr walk from us and it was a little too cold. there were more shops, christmas stores, and basically more along the lines of what i was expecting.

can i also say i love hearing french all around me (although the nosey part of me hates it because i love listening in on people's conversations), and i wish i paid more attention in french class in elementary and high school. oh well.

part 1 here.

ps. linking up with this...
Photobucket

10 comments:

Amy said...

I love Montreal. I was there at the end of October for a concert and it's always a good time. It's such an old city with a ton of character! The shopping is pretty amazing too!

Sarah said...

Great photos! Looks like you guys had a great time!

Anonymous said...

what is poutine?! It looks sooo tasty!!

Nicole [The Lovely Poppy] said...

looks like so much fun, i want to go!! i'd love for you to stop by www.thelovelypoppy.com and check out some of the new tutorials and the giveaway going on. xoxo nicole

Hannah said...

montreal is BEAUTIFUL (And so is that hostel room!)

Eric said...

You've made Montreal look gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

New follower! :) following from the followfest


http://sweetsandshutterclicks.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

So jealous of you! This looks like an amazing time. I am stopping by from The Wiegand's and I'm a new follower of your great blog. Looking forward to reading along. Have a great Sunday!

Lacey said...

3 things:

1) I miss Montreal looking at your pics, gorgeous!
2) I haven't seen a St Huberts in yyyeears! So good!
3) I love that you incorporated a Canadian staple: Poutine! my fav :)

Stephanie said...

Oh my word, these pictures are amazing! I've always wanted to visit Montreal. I hope you guys had a wonderful time!

Related Posts with Thumbnails