Thursday, July 14, 2011

baking fail...

you all know i love my red velvet. blah blah blah i don't even have to say it anymore. lately, i've been seeing red velvet pancakes everywhere and i decided it was finally time to make them. for dinner nonetheless.
ready. set. go.
 my arms are a mixmaster, no need to bust out the real thing..
 it made a heck of a lot of batter, i should add...


now, things were all fine and dandy until it came to putting the baking powder in. it was supposed to be 1.5tsp. as i was pouring it in the bowl, i noticed the B in the tbsp (and i was also using the 2tbsp one, thinking i was using the 2tsp and i just put a little less). what a flop. i googled what happens when you put way too much, and just how much more i put. i put nearly 6x the amount. ugh, such a bummer. who makes that mistake??? i bake too much to make that mistake. i blame the cold i had (and still have!).
anyways, you could tell the pancakes were off, but i still ate a few. however, i will attempt them again and make them the right way before i can say my final verdict ;)

(i used this recipe here)

8 comments:

Amanda said...

At least you tried making them! Can't wait to find out the final verdict on these!

PhotoPuddle said...

Have loved having a look through your blog as I lived in Toronto for a while when I was younger and loved it. Your photos have made me nostalgic. I also dream of visiting New York again. Awesome place too!

Stevie Leigh said...

I have destroyed many a pancake in my day, but I've eaten every one. Sometimes the ruined ones taste the best :) I'm sort of a pancake connoisseur like that.

Love your blog!

kimberly @ lush lounge said...

They still look good! I'm going to try them! :)

kimberly @ lush lounge said...

They still look good! I'm going to try them! :)

Laynah said...

Never in my life have I heard of something so utterly delightful. red velevet?! pancakes?! what the...I need to try this.

Amber said...

I definitely need to try these. They sound so amazing!

JMay said...

hahaha girl! You did a lot better than I would have done :-)

They look so purty!

Related Posts with Thumbnails