Wednesday, May 1, 2013

beers all around...

last weekend, i had 2 of my girl friends over to see our place and to head out for a night on the town. we started off at the bier markt, a place that offers offers over 150 biers. now, i'm totally not a beer drinker. i think it's nasty, nasty, nasty. i've had a sip of maybe 1 beer, and once a corona/orange juice (actually not terrible), so i was skeptical. we all ordered fruli - a strawberry beer. it was actually pretty good, but i still couldn't finish it. i'm just not used to drinking that much liquid on a night out! (i stick to vodka 7's 95% of the time). after the beers, we were craving poutine and went to a nearby place, which also happened to have karaoke going on. 2 of us decided to split a large pulled pork poutine, figuring it should be enough for us. when it showed up at our table, i think my eyes must have bulged out of my head, as the waiter laughed and said "good luck!" it was enormous.


i feel like this really doesn't convey the enormity of the basket.
a ridiculous amount of pulled pork, too. they didn't cut any corners.
free fireball shots. oh it burned.
i'd say we did pretty good.

definitely looking forward to summer in the city. no doubt about that. 

3 comments:

Sara said...

The poutine looks like heaven! And don't worry about the not being a beer drinker, I never was until I started grad school and my supervisor began taking the lab out for beers on a regular basis... it grows on you!

Teh Megan said...

I'm not actually sure what pulled pork poutine is, but holy crap we need it in America, specifically MD.

I don't drink beer or wine (or in public because it's too expensive), so I completely understand!

daniela said...

Did you go to beirmarkt on King? Also, tell me more about this poutine that I want to devour RIGHT NOW!

Related Posts with Thumbnails