Thursday, September 2, 2010

for the first time ever, i spray painted; & no one got hurt...update on my frames

my frame/photo collage DIY is still a work in progress...i'm gettin' there! you can see my inspiration for what i want to do here and the frames that i got at garage sales here if you missed it!

anyway, dylan is house sitting/dog sitting for his uncle this week, and their backyard backs onto a field, so it was a perfect place to do my spray painting. since i've never spray painted anything before, i didn't know whether i would make a mess or if something would unintentionally be turned black! so, lets take a look at my progress, shall we?
first things first, the handsome spooner.
the first pile of frames to get done..
isn't this such a well matched outfit?? ;) i wore old stuff in case i sprayed myself...
time to set up! 
woo look at me go. i think this is actually my favorite frame of the group. 
actually having fun! haha
 my roots are quite evident in these pics..shhh
and one more of the dog!

i think i've still got 3 or 4 frames left to do. then up next is finding pictures i want to put in! i see that taking a while...i'll have to rummage through my computer and see if i find anything that catches my eye. and i think dylan and i are going to go around toronto with a camera too sometime and take pictures at the Lawrence market perhaps. i think we might try and come up with some theme to base the photos around..just not sure what that is yet.

keep you posted at the next step!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Doing DIY stuff is so fun, I love being able to take pride in making something really cool by myself. I'm excited to see the end result of your framing project!

Unknown said...

I love your tattoo! simple, elegant, classy...well-done!

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

I love your outfit, you look so adorable especially with the braids. Uber cute! Oh and I love that last picture of the dog, look at his beautiful eyes!

Unknown said...

Might have to steal this idea from you- it's so easy and inexpensive! I can't wait to see how it turns out for you!

Brittany said...

I LOVEEE the frames! Can't wait to see them displayed

and

I just read that roots are "in" right now.

I hate mine (my hair needs to be dyed pronto) but supposedly all the celebs are wearing them. I think I read that on f21.com

Miss Innocent said...

i thought.. you spray painted the dog! lol

when i spray painted before. my floor turned into blue purple red

carlotta cisternas said...

I really need to find some frames and spray paint them...especially being the photo junky that I am. Your frames look great so far!

I love your tattoo, by the way :)

Steph @ Professors_Wife said...

great idea w/the frames! I'm sure they'll turn out great - and the dog is too cute! Super photogenic :)

Have a great weekend!

Lived With Love said...

love your outfit here!

Jill said...

you are so freaking cute. & i <3 your tattoo!

Related Posts with Thumbnails