Thursday, July 1, 2010

tea time...

over the weekend, dylan wanted to take me to a new cafe he had found downtown. he had tried the moroccan tea before and loved it; he said it was unlike any other tea he has had. he wanted me to try it. let me put this out there...i.hate.tea. i think it's awful. i want to like it, but just don't. to me, it tastes like a really, really diluted hot cup of something. i've tried leaving the tea bag in longer, i've tried adding milk, sugar, honey, and nothing works. so i was skeptical of this place.
 Barbarossa's Cafe-the place to be
we sat at a little table outside
 the server pouring our tea

it was a very cute little place. while i did not like the tea (still not a tea person, probably will never be), i'm sure we'll definitely be back for coffee at some point. dylan loves it there, so no doubt he will be back for more tea this week. it's made with all fresh leaves and brewed when you order it; no tea bags here.


anyway-it's canada day! which also means it's now july! holy geez, summer has gone fast. well, not just summer, the whole year so far. i can't wait to get out of the house today, walk around a festival and see fireworks tonight. AND i'm so freakin' excited to go to the cottage tomorrow!!! 

8 comments:

Katie said...

awww u two are cute!! I hate tea too, ive tried it acouple times different ways and its always just blahh! ill stick to my coffee addiction

molly said...

this place looks SO cute!! i totally understand where you're coming from... whenever my mom and i go to alice's tea cup in ny, she orders COFFEE! (tea just simply isn't her cup of tea...) and i used to get SO mortified. but now i've just gotten used to it and understand now :-)

Cat said...

I adore sweet cafes! What a fantastic adventure :)

xo Cat

LovelyBee said...

Moroccan tea is all I drink all the time; spring summer fall and winter! It's so yummy!

By the way, Happy Canada Day!! Enjoy the fireworks!

chelsea rebecca said...

that place looks so cute.. and you guys look so cute!!!! what a fun night.. except for the tea bummer. haha. i actually love tea. it was coffee i couldn't like. but i really wanted to like black coffee so i kept trying it and trying it and now i love it! haha.

Ms. Emmy N said...

Hi! Just found your blog :) You and your BF are so cute, and it was sweet of you to try to enjoy the tea for him.. at least it was a cute tea pot! :)

Happy Canada Day!

Hepburn Hilton said...

You don't like tea? I love it, but I'm not a tea person. Wish I wash. I love that tea pos, maybe Morocco tis the place to go to get tea pots!!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I'm more of a java girl...but I love going to tea rooms!

Related Posts with Thumbnails